Monday, July 5, 2010

Family trip to Utah

I wish it were under other circumstances that our trip occured, but we tried to make the best of it.  My uncle Brent lost his long battle with cancer last month.  Growing up we were able to see him every summer at family reunions. He was often the life of the party with his joking and teasing.  As we got older and started our own families, we rarely saw family in Utah. Last September, however, Brent and Larue made a trip to mom and dads.  We all brought our families and spent the weekend visiting.  I will always treasure the time we had that weekend.  Although he is gone, I am grateful he is no longer suffering and is with our Heavenly Father watching over us.  Even though it was under unfortunate circumstances, seeing family that I haven't seen in 10 years was wonderful.  I was so glad that Kerry and the kids made the long trip with me and were able to meet everyone.  In making the long trip we decided to plan some fun too.  Our kids have never been to Utah so we knew that we had to visit temple square.  Other than a few blisters, it was amazing.

Dane and Brielle really enjoyed the replica of the temple.

I wish my kids were as still as hers. There's got to be some trick to this.

The kids thought being on the roof of the conference center was really cool. I didn't quite share their enthusiasm. I've found that height doubled with edges is not my favorite thing, especially when my kids are involved. I guess it's the mother bear in me. The gardens and fountains on the roof were amazing though.

 

1 comment:

Katy said...

I'm so sorry about your loss! We hope you enjoyed the good things about Salt Lake!